Контрольная работа 4 Вариант 5
Дата сдачи: Апрель 2012
I. Переведите следующие причастия на английский язык:
читающий – прочитанный пишущий – написанный
посланный – посылающий переводящий – переведенный
купленный – покупающий проданный – продающий
II. Переведите предложения на русский язык. Определите функцию Participle I иParticiple II.
1. Our grandfather sometimes went asleep while watching TV.
2. All of you have to translate the given article by tomorrow.
3. Being very thirsty, we bought three bottles of juice.
III. Задайте вопросы к выделенным словам.
1. Their new car was bought not long ago and they have already broken it.(2)
2. Being ill, he had to consult a doctor and to have the prescription made up.(2)
3. The smiling girl was standing at the door and watching the man being embarrassed.(2)
IV. Замените придаточные предложения причастным оборотом.
1. As I was very tired. I was in no condition to do anything.
2. What’s the name of the man who's driving that beautiful car?
3. Suddenly they noticed a car which was sold a week ago.
V. Переведите письменно текст на русский язык. Ответьте письменно на вопрос:
"What was inside the tyre from the point of view of the third boy?"
The Experimental Method
Mr. Jones, a teacher of physics at a boys' school, was fond of the experimental method in physics and often told the boys to use this method as often as possible.
One day Mr. Jones came to school on a new bicycle which he had bought in London. The bicycle had a pair of pneumatic tyres. The pneumatic tyre had just been invented at that time, and none of the pupils had ever seen it.
At the physics lesson the teacher decided to show the pupils the new invention. He took them into the school yard and said: "Now, children, who can tell me what is there inside this tyre that makes it so hard and yet so elastic?".
The boys gathered round the bicycle and examined the tyres.
"Perhaps there is cotton-wool inside", said one of them.
"No, I think there must be a lot of steel springs inside", said another.
"You are both wrong", said Mr. Jones. Suddenly the third boy who was standing beside the bicycle cried out, looking very happy: "I know what it is. There's wind inside!"
Mr. Jones smiled and said: "Well, Tommy, that's fine indeed"! You are nearly right: there is air inside. But how did you find it out?"
"I used the experimental method", said the boy. "I stuck a nail into the tyre and some wind came out of it".
For the first time in his life Mr. Jones did not like the use of the experimental method
pneumatic – пневматический cotton wool - вата
tyre – шина spring – пружина
to invent – изобретать nail – гвоздь
inside – внутри stick (stuck, stuck) – воткнуть
elastic – эластичный