Контрольная работа 3 Вариант 5
Дата сдачи: Апрель 2012
I. Раскройте скобки. Употребите Present Simple Passive илиPast Simple Passive. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. The telephone (to invent) by Alexander Bell.
2. Many accidents (to cause) by dangerous driving.
3. You (to invite) to the wedding. Why didn't you go?
4. Most of the Earth's surface (to cover) by water.
II. Перепишите предложения, изменив залог сказуемого. Используйте страдательный залог. Все предложения переведите на русский язык.
Пример. Somebody has cleaned the room. - The room has been cleaned.
1. They have postponed the concert.
2. Somebody is using the computer at the moment,
3. Somebody was recording our conversation.
4. They are building a new ring road round the city.
III. Выпишите предложения, в которых используется Passive Voice. Переведите их на русский язык.
1 . The letter might have been sent to the wrong address.
2. There were some problems at first but they seem to have been solved.
3. The police have found the people they were looking for.
4. The vegetables had been cooked for too long, they didn't taste very good.
IV. Заполните пропуски подходящими по смыслу прилагательными из списка, данного ниже. Прилагательные следует использовать в сравнительной степени (-er или more. . .)
Список прилагательных: big, interested, crowded, early, serious, high, simple, thin, well.
Пример. I was feeling tired last night, so I went to bed earlier than usual.
1. The instructions were very complicated. They could have been _______.
2. There were a lot of people on the bus. It was____ then usual.
3. I know him well-probably __________ then anybody else.
V. Заполните пропуски прилагательными в превосходной степени. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Everest is ________ mountain in the world. (high)
2. We had a great holiday. It was one of the _______holidays we've ever had. (enjoyable)
3. What's _____way of getting fr om here to the station? (quick)
4. What's ________ film you've ever seen? (good)
VI. Прочитайте и письменно переведите текст.
Living in the City
Living in a city has both advantages and disadvantages. On the plus side, it is often easier to find work, and there is usually a choice of public transport, so you don't need to own a car. Also, there are a lot of interesting things to do and to see. For example, you can eat in good restaurants, visit museums, and go to the theatre and to concerts. What is more, when you want to relax, you can usually find a park wh ere can feed the ducks or just sit on a park bench and read a book.
However, for every plus there is a minus. For one thing, you might have a job, but unless it is very well - paid, you will not be able to afford many of the things that there are to do, because living in a city is often very expensive. It is difficult to find good cheap accommodation. What is more, public transport is sometimes crowded and dirty, particularly in the rush hour, and even the parks can become very crowded. Last of all, despite all the crowds, it is still possible to feel very lonely in a city.
VII. Выпишите предложения, соответствующие содержанию текста, его тематике. Переведите предложения на английский язык.
1. The only man - made object visible from orbit is the great wall of China.
2. City life can be particularly appealing to young people, who like the excitement of the city.
3. On Sundays it seems that every city - dweller is looking for some open space and green glass.
4. The term "Mayday" is the internationally recognized radio telephone signal of distress.
5. City life is full of bustle and variety and you need never feel bored.
6. Many people, when they get older, often prefer the peace and fresh air of the countryside.
7. The North East used to have a Jot of mining and ship building, but not any more, unfortunately.