Контрольная работа 3 Вариант 4
Дата сдачи: Апрель 2012
I. Раскройте скобки. Употребите Present Simple Passive илиPast Simple Passive. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Cheese (to make) fr om milk
2. This house is quite old. It (to build) in 1930.
3. A cinema is a place where films (to show).
4. In the United States, elections for President (to hold) every four years.
II. Перепишите предложения, в которых используется страдательный залог. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
Пример. My father built this house in 1970. - The house was built in 1970
1. Somebody cleans the room every day.
2. People don't use this road very often.
3. The company employed two hundred people.
4. Somebody has painted the room.
III. Выпишите предложения, в которых используется страдательный залог. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. A scientist beginning some experiment should be very careful and attentive.
2. A new computer will be used for all types of data processing.
3. The effects of radiation have been analysed by our research group.
4. A lot of money was stolen in the robbery.
IV. Заполните пропуски подходящими по смыслу прилагательными из списка, данного ниже. Прилагательные следует использовать в сравнительной степени (-er или more...)
Список прилагательных: big; interested, crowded, peaceful, serious, high, simple
Пример: I was feeling tired last night, so I went to bed earlier than usual.
1. In some parts of the country, prices are __________ that in others.
2. I want a __________ flat. We don't have enough space here.
3. Unfortunately her illness was __________ than we thought at first.
V. Заполните пропуски прилагательными в превосходной степени. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Our hotel was _________ in the town (cheap).
2. What's ______________ river in the world (long).
3. It was an awful day. It was _______ day of my life (bad).
4. What is _________ sport in your country (popular).
VI. Прочитайте и письменно переведите текст.
What is a Computer
The word "computer" is continually being used and it produces different reaction in different people. Most people know a bit about computers and have seen pictures of them in books and on television. Similarly, the microprocessor and the robot have received a lot of publicity. Computers are important and they have an important effect on people's lives.
There is the fear that computers will case large-scale unemployment and lead to a state wh ere there is little privacy. Many people distrust computers and the way they are used. The future is certainly going to be affected by the use of computers, and, whether these fears are justified or not, learning about computers is essential. A computer can be either large or small, noisy or quiet, dull or exciting- The use of integrated circuits (on silicon chips) means that computers can, be made very small. Computers vary in size.
Computers themselves are absolutely quiet, but sometimes they use printers that make a lot of noise. Some people still think of computers as electronic brains or intelligent machines. To be intelligent a computer would have to think for itself, but no computer built so far can decide what it has to do. All computers are programmed to do their work by human beings.
VII. Выпишите предложения, соответствующие содержанию текста, его тематике. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Travelling to all corners of the world gets easier and easier.
2. They can handle all sorts of information besides numbers.
3. They take in electronic signals, and these can represent numbers, letters, particular symbols or many other things.
4. The great topic of conversation between strangers in Britain is the weather.
5. Sometimes you don't have time to get off the bus and walk round the town. .
6. It can be compared to the printing press and the steam engine as an invention that will change the world.