Контрольная работа 3 Вариант 3
Дата сдачи: Апрель 2012
I. Раскройте скобки. Употребите Present или Past Simple Passive. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. The students (to show) the article fr om the last journal.
2. The latest methods of control (to use) in industry.
3. A very difficult text (to translate) by the first-year students.
II. Выберите предложения, в которых используется Perfect Passive. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. A lot of measurements have been taken by the engineer in his experiment.
2. Science has made great progress.
3. A good writer makes a thing real to us when he describes it.
4. The material had been collected before the scientist started to write his new work.
III. Выберите предложения, в которых используется Passive Voice. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. By the new year the number of school-aged children will have decreased.
2. The captain was very kind to me and asked me to tell him about my plans.
3. Much of the data collected will be fed into computers.
4. Mark Twain was acknowledged by the public and became one of the ieading journalists of America.
IV. Закончите предложения, употребив подходящие по смыслу прилагательные в сравнительной степени (older или more important и т.д.)
Пример. It's too noisy here. Can we go somewh ere quieter?
1. I can't hear you. Can you speak a bit __________ ?
2. You were a bit depressed yesterday but you look __________today.
3. Don’t worry. The situation isn’t so bad. It could be _________.
4. The exam was easy. I expected it to be ___________.
V. Заполните пропуски словосочетаниями с подходящими по смыслу прилагательными в превосходной степени (например: the oldest, the best, the most important и т.д.)
Пример.It's a very nice room. It's the nicest room in the hotel.
1. He's a very rich man. He's the __________ in the world.
2. It's a very old castle. It's the __________ in Britain.
3. It was a very bad experience It was the __________ in my life.
4. The dress is very expensive. It's the _____________ in the shop.
VI. Прочитайте и письменно переведите текст.
Getting Help When it is Needed in Britain
Britain today is a welfare state which looks after its citizens in need: the old, the sick, the unemployed. The Department of Health and Social Security deals with the basic welfare of all citizens. Medical care and pensions are provided, and financial help is given to those who might otherwise starve or be homeless. Welfare is paid for by all workers and their employers. They pay National Insurance contributions. In addition, the state provides money out of general taxes. Welfare services are free apart from small charges for medicines, spectacles and dentistry. People with very low incomes do not even have to- pay these charges.
The state also helps a citizen in difficulties; for instance, if he or she is:
sick and therefore temporarily unable to work,
old and retired from work,
unable to provide the minimum of food, warmth and shelter for him / herself and family.
He can then apply for social security. The amount of money he receives depends on the, rate fixed by the, government. It also depends on how many National Insurance contributions he has paid, and on his means (his other income and capital).
VII. Выпишите предложения соответствующие содержанию текста, его тематике. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. There are thousands of voluntary organizations in Britain that help people in need.
2. The obvious fact about a computer is that it is programmable.
3. "Shelter", National Campain for the Homeless, was founded in 1966.
4. Many people in Great Britain stand for the prevention of cruelty to children and try to help children in difficulties.
5. This scientist is known to be the inventor of the electronic machine.
6. This little book has been translated into over a dozen languages.
7. They decided to build a hospice for people who have an incurable disease.