Контрольная работа 3 Вариант 2
Дата сдачи: Апрель 2012
I. Раскройте скобки. Употребите Present Simple Passive или Past Simple Passive.
1. Agatha Christie (to educate) at home. She didn't go to school.
2. The decimal system (to use) by the people for scientific purposes.
3. Dickens's works (to read) by millions of people and his name (to know) to every schoolboy.
II. Выпишите предложения, в которых используется Present, Continuous Passive.
1. The secretary said that they would be called into the room.
2. The engineer is being shown a new type of computer now.
3. This electronic equipment is being designed for speeding up production.
4. People must obtain accurate results fr om controlled experiments.
5. A new economic reform is being worked out by this scientist.
III. Выпишите предложения, в которых используется Passive Voice.
1. The material was very difficult for our students.
2. Several possible solutions will be chosen by the scientists of our department.
3. The delegates were asked if they themselves would sel ect the schools they wanted to visit.
4. This scientific research was carried out many years ago.
IV. Закончите предложения, употребив подходящие по смыслу прилагательные в сравнительной степени (older / more important etc.)
Пример. It's too noisy here. Can we go somewhere quieter?
1. The hotel was surprisingly cheap. I expected it to be ________ .
2. Your work isn't very good. I'm sure you can do ____________ .
3. I was surprised how easy it was to use the computer. I thought it would be ______.
4. You hardly ever phone me. Why don't you phone me _______ .
V. Заполните пропуски словосочетаниями с прилагательными в превосходной степени (the longest или the most interesting).
Пример. It's a very nice room. It is the nicest room in the hotel.
1. Spring is a very busy time for me. It is _____________ the year.
2. It is a very valuable painting. It's ________________ the gallery.
3. She's a very good player. She's __________________the team.
4. He's a very dangerous criminal. He's ______________the country.
VI. Прочитайте текст и письменно переведите его.
Working Life in Britain
People in Britain are not different from people in other countries.
because they need money for food, housing and clothes;
because they want money to spend on leisure and luxuries;
because they are bored without any regular work to do;
because they enjoy the job they have.
Nowadays more and more Britons want to enjoy their work.
So they decide to work for themselves. They believe that their work will then be more satisfying. They run small businesses or become independent craftsmen. Some leave the city for the country wh ere they hope to produce enough food to live on from a few acres of land.
It is sometimes said that British workers go on strike more often than workers in other countries. Of course the number of working days lost by strikes varies fr om year to year, but compared with other nations Britain's record is not the worst.
Do the British work hard when they are at work? Two different car manufacturers have different opinions:
Mersedes: "Our British mechanics work as well as those in Germany"
Ford: "Where they use identical machinery, workers in their Belgian and German plants will produce 1,5 to 2 times as many cars as workers in their British plants".
In 1973 the British government made new arrangements for helping people to find jobs. A nationwide organization was set up. It is called the Manpower Services Commission. It runs two agencies: the Employment Service Agency and the Training Service Agency.
VII. Выпишите предложения, соответствующие содержанию текста.
1. Labour government tried to help to solve the problem of unemployment.
2. The computer is an electronic machine that can be programmed to process information automatically.
3. In the 1970s, there was a strong movement in Britain supporting people's right to work.
4. The ordinary working man is a steady kind of person.
5. All logical problems could be solved by a small number of program steps.
6. Agency trains him in a new skill if he can't find employment in his present kind of work.