Контрольная работа 3 Вариант 1
Дата сдачи: Апрель 2012
I. Раскройте скобки. Употребите Present Simple Passive
1. English (to speak) all over the world.
2. Volkswagen cars (to make) in Germany.
3. We feed our cats twice a day. But the dogs (to feed) just once a day.
II. Выпишите предложения, в которых используется Present Continuous Passive.
1. I'll have to go to work by bus. My car is being serviced today.
2. This room is usually used for big meetings. But today it is being used for a party.
3. Tom is listening to the teacher. He's studying to be an engineer.
4. This little town grows very quickly. Some new houses are being built.
III. Выпишите предложения, в которых используется Passive Voice.
1. Every hour the planet Earth travels 66.620 miles around the sun.
2. Every day eleven earthquakes are felt somewhere in the world.
3. The money is being used to provide new computers for the Academy.
IV. Закончите предложения, употребив подходящие по смыслу прилагательные в сравнительной степени (older / more important etc.).
Пример. It’s too noisy here. Can we go somewhere quieter?
1. This coffee is very weak. I like it a bit ______________.
2. The hotel was surprisingly big. I expected it to be _________ .
3. The weather is too cold in this country. I'd like to live somewhere ________ .
4. My job is a bit boring sometimes. I'd like to do something _____________.
V. Заполните пропуски словосочетаниями с прилагательными в превосходной степени (-est; most).
Пример. It's a very nice room. It is the nicest room in the hotel.
1. It's a very cheap restaurant. It's .............. the town.
2. It was a very happy day. It was ............. my life.
3. She's a very intelligent student. She is ............. the class.
VI. Прочитайте текст и письменно переведите его.
Wonders of the Modern World
by Ann Halliday
I don't believe that today's wonders are similar in kind to the wonders of the Ancient World. They were all buildings and statues. In the last two centuries we have seen unprecedented technical and scientific achievements. These are surely our modem wonders. Here is my list.
They have already revolutionized the way we live and work. But it is early days for computers. We don't know how much they are changing the world. More computer wonders are yet to come.
2. Space Travel.
Only a few years before the men were walking on the Moon, reputable scientists declared that it was impossible. But in 1969 Neil Armstrong stepped out of his space capsule and made his famous statement: "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind."
3. Medical Science.
Surely nothing has done more for the comfort and happiness of mankind than the advance of medical knowledge! How many millions of people have benefited from the humble aspirin? How many lives has penicillin saved? Average life expectancy in Europe has risen dramatically over the last hundred years, from about 50 years in 1906 to about 75 years today.
4. The Olympic Games.
It's true that the Olympic Games are now commercialized and there is greed and drug abuse. However, it is a competition in which every country takes part. Every four years, for a brief moment, we see these countries come together in peace and friendship. We feel hope again for the future of mankind.
VII. Выпишите предложения, соответствующие содержанию текста, его тематике.
1. Surgeons can perform the most amazing operations.
2. We see people from warring countries shake hands.
3. Small children can program them, sometimes more easily than adults!
4. No government dares to use such weapons.
5. We produce enough to feed the world.
6. Progress in this area is slower now. Not as much money goes into research as in the 1960s.