Контрольная работа 2 Вариант 5
Дата сдачи: Апрель 2012
I. Прочтите и письменно переведите текст.
Rainforests disappear daily. Endangered species are hunted for their pelts. Dolphins drown in tuna nets. Domestic and industrial waste pollutes the seas. The problem with the damage being done to the ozone layer is that it is more difficult to believe in. It has no veracity or immediacy for the majority of the public because they can't see it. The man in the street does not feel that it is his problem.
The ozone layer is what protects all life on earth fr om the harmful effects of the sun's ultra violet rays. During the last fifty years or so it has been subjected to a barrage of man-made chemicals, chiefly chlorofluoro carbons or, as they are more familiarly known as CFCs. These gases and their agents are ubiquitous in our society.
Wh ere would we be without factories, refrigerators-domestic and industrial, air-conditioning apparatus, solvents, and last, but definitely not least, aerosol sprays? How many homes are without their air fresheners, hair-sprays, furniture polish, deodorants, flysprays? All of there are part and parcel of domestic life. ...
II. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на Perfect и Perfect Continuous (смотрите образец в варианте № 1).
1. The dentist has asked us to wait for a few minutes.
2. The Prime Minister hasn't been abroad since January.
3. Yesterday Ann had a phone call. She was very surprised. She had written to him many times but he had never replied to her letters.
4. I have sold my car.
III. Перепишите предложения, выбрав правильную форму глаголов. Переведите предложения на русский язык
1. I tried to phone Tom this morning but there was no answer. He goes | is going | had gone | will have gone | out.
2. When I arrived at the party. Paul goes | has gone | had gone | home.
3. Sarah lives | lived | will have lived | has lived | in London since 1985.
IV. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Present Perfect илиPresent Perfect Continuous. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. I (not see) Tom since Monday.
2. It (rain) since I got up this morning.
3. I (always want) to go to New York.
4. I (lose) my address book. You (see) it anywhere?
V. Переведите предложения на английский язык.
1. Я искал тебя все утро. Где ты был?
2. "Ты умеешь играть в шахматы?" “Да, но я не играла вечность” (for ages)
3. Я читаю книгу, которую ты мне дала, я еще не закончила ее.
4. Смотрите! Кто-то разбил то окно.