Контр. работа 2 Вариант 4
Дата сдачи: Апрель 2012
I. Прочтите и письменно переведите в следующий текст.
For years scientists have been carrying out research into the world of the unknown. One of the most fascinating categories of psychic phenomena is that of "precognition"; the ability to see future events. Terms, such as "prophecies", "auguries" and "miracles", familiar in ancient times, have been replaced by the scientific, more prosaic - sounding term "extrasensory perception" (ESP). This phenomenon Is also commonly known as "the sixth sense", enabling a person who possesses it to know something in advance of its happening, an experience otherwise unknown by those who possess the ordinary five known senses of hearing, sight, touch, taste and smell. Precognition may occur in the form of a dream or in a walking state. Many scientists have devoted their careers to studying ESP phenomena. They describe their research field as the science of "parapsychology", derived fr om the world "paranormal", which ESP phenomena are said to be because they seem to be beyond the lim its of our present understanding.
II. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на Perfect и Perfect Continuous (смотрите образец в варианте № 1).
1. "What about you? Have you seen anything interesting?"
"Yes, I have been to the finance department."
2. My father has been asleep in bed all day.
3. We are late. The film will already have started by the time we get to the cinema.
4. When their first child was born, they had been married for three years.
III. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на Perfect и Perfect Continuous (смотрите образец в варианте № 1) .
1. Have you written | were you writing | to your parents?
2. This short period of time see | has seen | enormous changes in education.
3. I don't read | haven't read | a newspaper today.
IV. Поставьте глагол в скобках в Present Perfect или Present Perfect Continuous. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. I (learn) English for a long time.
2. The ceiling was white. Now it is blue. She (paint) it.
3. "Is it still raining?" "No, it (stop)".
4. The ground is wet. It (rain).
V. Переведите предложения на английский язык.
1. Она запыхалась (be out of breath).
2. Она ушла на работу в 8:30 утра, поэтому ее не будет дома в 9 часов. Она уже уйдет на работу.
3. Мы были хорошими друзьями с детства.
4. Я вас жду уже 20 минут.