Английский Вариант 2
Дата сдачи: Январь 2012
1. Выберите правильное определение. Management is
1) exchange of goods and services between different countries.
2) a function of planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and controlling.
3) a means of payment for goods and services and in settlement of debts.
2. Выберете правильный вариант ответа.
3. Перепишите предложения, подчеркните в каждом из них глагол-сказуемое и определите его видовременную форму и залог. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) Monopoly is a market structure with only a single seller of a commodity or service dealing with a large number of buyers.
2) The law of demand was discovered by A. A. Cournot (1801-1877), a professor of mathematics at the University of Lyon.
3) The managers of the steel company are discussing a new project at the moment.
4. Заполните пропуски подходящими по смыслу модальными глаголами. (Can. may. must, have to. should)
1) We... choose the most efficient way to solve the problem.
2) This hotel is not very expensive. You... stay here.
3) My brother... speak two foreign languages.
5. Употребите глагол, данный в скобках в форме герундия или инфинитива.
1) Не wanted (to discuss) some economic theories
2) Would you like (to learn) any foreign language?
3) They succeeded in (to make) all necessary arrangements.
6. Письменно переведите текст и ответьте на вопросы.
Inflation varies considerably in its extent and severity. Hence, the consequences for the business community differ according to the circumstances. Mild inflation of a few per cent each year may pose few difficulties for business. However, hyperinflation, which entails enormously high rates of inflation, can create great problems for the government, business, consumers and workers. Economists argue at length about the cause of. and «cure» for. inflation. They recognize that two different types of inflation exist:
— demand-pull inflation (инфпяция спроса);
— cost-push inflation (инфпяция издержек).
Demand-pull inflation occurs when demand for a nation's goods and services outstrips that nation's ability to supply these goods and services. Cost-push inflation can be of the cost-push variety. It takes place when firms face increasing costs. This could be caused by an increase in wages or companies pushing up prices to improve their profit margins.
1) What is inflation?
2) What types of inflation do you know?
3) Explain the difference between these types.