Английский язык, вариант 10 в Барнаульском мед. университе
Дата сдачи: Апрель 2011
Работа состоит из 4 страниц.
I. Прочтите и переведите следующие предложения на русский язык. Выпишите причастие (Р I, Р II) и определите его функцию.
1. Of all the compounds mentioned above, sodium and potassium compounds are of some importance for alkali industry.
2. Iodine when used alone gives no colour with true cellulose.
3. Being administered after the onset of fever 0.1 cc of the serum arrested the progress of the infection.
I I. Выпишите самостоятельный причастный оборот. Переведите предложения.
1. The assistant having applied the test to the solution, carbohydrates reduced.
2. Phosphate being an important major constituent of raw materials, its study is also of particular interest.
I I I. Перепишите и переведите предложения на русский язык, укажите форму инфинитива.
1. The amount of plasma to be given in case of burns depends on the condition of shock.
2. Different spectrophotometric methods are used to improve the precision as well as the accuracy of the results during the analysis.
3. It is possible to prepare final product of a high degree of purity by a simpler procedure of purification.
IV. Выпишите инфинитивную конструкцию, укажите, чем она является в предложении. Переведите предложение.
1. The alkyl nitrates were known to act merely as a source of nitrous acid.
2.Surgery and radiation seem to be the most effective and successful treatment of carcinomas.
3. The vaccine is reported to have been tested successfully.
V. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. In some herbs after threshing only the flowers and leaves are used.
2. The drugs are macerated in definite quantities of menstruum consisting of alcohol of various strength.
3. In late 1995, Pharmagenes Co. set up an agency in China aiming at the purification of the pure components from traditional Chinese medicines.
4. This agreement goes beyond only funding medical research.
1. Прочтите и переведите текст.
2. Найдите в тексте английские эквиваленты следующих словосочетаний и выпишите их:
Страдать от хронической стенокардии
Новые методы лечения
Требует меньше кислорода
Дважды в день
3. Переведите письменно 3 и 4 абзацы.
4. Найдите в тексте антонимы данных слов и выпишите их:
5. Письменно ответьте на вопросы:
1. What does AHA estimate?
2. What was ranolazine approved for?
3. What are the characteristics of chronic angina?
4. What were the results of a study with patients who had angina?
5. Which adverse effects did the patients have?
6. Выпишите из текста сложноподчиненные предложения и переведите их.
New drug eases chest pain or angina
1. The American Heart Association (AHA) estimates that approximately 6.6 million Americans are affected with chronic angina. For patients who still experience angina attacks despite myocardial revascularization and optimal pharmacotherapy, a new treatment option is available.
2. The Food&Drug Administration has approved ranolazine (Ranexa, CV Therapeutics) for the treatment of chronic angina. The first in a new class of angina medications called fatty acid oxidation (pFOX) inhibitors, it is indicated for use in combination with the traditional antianginal agents amlodipine, beta-blockers, or nitrates.
3. Chronic angina is characterized by episodes of chest pain or discomfort caused by inadequate blood-flow to the heart muscle. Ranexa appears to work by shifting the fuel source normally used by the stresses heart from fatty acid to glucose, which requires less oxygen to produce the same amount of energy. The result is increased efficiency of oxygen utilization by the heart.
4. In a controlled study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) in 2004, patients who had symptomatic chronic angina, despite taking standard antianginal drugs, were randomized to receive ranolazine or placebo. In the ranolazine group, the researchers observed increases in exercise duration and in times to angina and to electrocardiographic ischemia. Furthermore, ranolazine reduced angina attacks (and nitroglycerin use) by about one per week compared with placebo (p<0.02). However, the effects on angina frequency and exercise tolerance were found to be considerably smaller in women than in men.
5. The most commonly reported adverse events associated with ranolazine were dizziness, headache, constipation and nausea. About 60% of patients discontinued treatment with ranolazine in clinical trials due to an adverse event, compared with 3% receiving placebo. According to its maker, ranolazine should be initiated at 500 mg twice a day and increased to 1000 mg twice daily, as needed, based on clinical symptoms. No dasage adjustment is needed in patients with congestive heart failure or diabetes.